Plate Heat Exchanger NORDIC Ba-32-30 1" 175kW
Plate Heat Exchanger NORDIC TEC Ba-32-30 1"
One of the most popular Brazed Plate Heat Exchanger models on the European market, with external threads 1". Optminal size of the plate heat exchanger for many domestic heating systems, cooperating both with smaller heat pumps and with conventional heat sources. Very good solutions for e.g. gas boilers.
Plate Q'ty: 30 pcs.
Connections: 1" BSP
Heat Exchange Area: 0.960m²
Heat Exchanger with 30 plates - Nordic Tec Ba-32-30 - 4x 1 inch
- Stainless Steel S316L, brazed with Cu
- Connections: 4x 1", BSP
- Working Pressure - <30 bar
- Test Pressure - 45-60 bar
- Max. temperature +230°C
- PHE Volume per 1 channel - 0.75 l
- Flowrate - 12 m³/h
PHE Ba-32-30 and its Heat Exchange Surface - 0.96 m²
As we can see on the graph Ba-32-30 with the surface of almost 1 m² of heat transfer area is one of 8 basic heat exchanger models gathered in series Ba-32. If for our application this plate surface seems to be too modest - we can use Ba-32-40 or Ba-32-50 etc, up to our needs. Every 10 plates of the PHE from this series means + 0,32m² of extra plate area.
Brazed Plate Heat Exchanger construction - Ba-32-30
A PHE is a flow device - that is, it only works when water flows through it or other medium that we have in the installation, e.g. glycol. It is not a tank because it does not accumulate water. This is an advantage, because it allows you to maintain a small size of the device.
In fact, it is a very simple design - it is a package of steel plates that are combined with each other, using the so-called vacuum soldering. It is a modern way to combine materials with a huge advantage over traditional welding. It takes place at a temperature of over 400 °C (although vacuum soldering can achieve temperatures of up to 900 °C) and takes place in specially created conditions without air.
What devices can the Ba-32-30 30-plate heat exchanger work with?
- It can easily handle gas, pellet, coal, solid fuel, biomass boilers, and similar devices with a power output within the range of 30-35 kW, and in favorable conditions, even slightly larger ones.
- Fireplaces or so-called water jacket stoves for central heating or domestic hot water - with a similar power output to the aforementioned heating boilers - that is 30-35 kW
- Heat pumps - when connected to central heating or domestic hot water systems (in a water/glycol circuit) - with a heat pump power output of about 8 kW (high-temperature DHW system with radiators) or 5 kW (low-temperature DHW system with underfloor heating).
- Numerous other applications, including refrigeration & cooling
What size facilities can the Nordic Tec Ba-32-30 heat exchanger heat?
The main factor in selecting such a device should be its proper adaptation to the requirements of the heat source, i.e., the heating device. However, in practice, the Ba-32-30 is capable of heating a building with an area of up to 300m² in an old building and even up to 400-450 m² in a new building, provided that the heat source is efficient enough.
Check also the similar PHE:
You might also like